Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hello WOM, Goodbye Blog

Well after weeks of careful research and writing on the word of mouth industry my blog is coming to an end. Although, I thoroughly enjoyed the subject I know I’ll need the extra time to accomplish other schoolwork like a semester project on Easter Island. Perhaps when my schedule opens up I’ll report back periodically.
As my closing post, I thought I’d leave everyone with a solid idea of how big this industry is becoming. Last week, WOMMA held their summit conference. This event was a weeklong series of learning, networking, and growing. One announcement that particularly rocked the scene was made by PQ Media. Their WOM forecast for 2007 was the very first comprehensive look at the industry’s growth and potential. The projection was that $1.35 billion would be spent on WOM this year. This makes it the fastest growing area of marketing services. Then looking ahead to the year 2011 an almost triple growth of $3.7 billion is expected. PQ Media’s president and CEO, Patrick Quinn delivered the message, and it really shook up the summit. Let’s hear for WOM!

http://www.womma.org/blog/2007/11/wom-marketing-industry-worth-1-billion-in-2007-37-billion-by-2011/

No comments: