Friday, November 9, 2007

Sex Sells

I’ve discussed movie marketing before a little bit, but I usually like to leave the topic up to my friend Casey and his movie marketing blog. However, I ran across a “promotion” for the new Beowulf movie in my search for buzz and it caught my eye. We have all seen the typical movie trailors that show the best parts and make us want to see them. We’ve seen the hot celebrities rave about their new films and recommend we run out to theaters. We’ve grown accustomed to these tactics. So why not try something new.

I think it’s safe to say Angelina Jolie is one of the top sex symbols of Hollywood today. She has a starring role in this movie, Beowulf, which is probably going to draw in a crowd of its own. But how do you push this star benefit a bit further? Let me quote Angelina in a recent interview, “I was really surprised that I felt exposed. There are certain moments where I actually felt shy. . . I won’t allow my kids to see this movie.” That is quite a statement coming from a woman who wore short, tight leather in “Tomb Raider” and showed her stuff in “Orginial Sin.” Seems like Angelina knows how to work the WOM. At the very least, I’m sure there is a solid population of young boys who will be saying, “We HAVE to see this.”

http://www.buzznet.com/tags/beowulf/journals/1276231/?t=home|hero|jolieshyaboutbeowulf

No comments: